- Self-starter with effective teamwork and leadership skills
- Extensive worldwide traveler
- Strong work ethic and follow-through ability
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills Solid Mac skills and an eye for design and detail
- Willingness to learn and great capacity to adapt to new situations + find creative solutions
• Principia College, Elsah, IL BA, Graphic Design major, Spanish minor, 2008
• Principia High School, St. Louis, MO, 2004
• Numerous personal development courses through Tony Robbins and MITT (Mastery In Transformational Training), 2009-current
• CS Class
Fluent: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge
Working Knowledge: Snapchat, DreamWeaver, Muzio
Functional: Periscope, Tumblr, Flash, Final Cut Express, LiveType
WORK EXPERIENCE (Most recent listed first)
Chief Content Officer, Girl Meets Strong || Location independent, 2015 - current:
Girl Meets Strong is a brand operating across multiple online platforms--featuring photography, stories, and videos inspiring and empowering women all over the world to be strong in whatever body they have. We believe the way to cultivate a culture of strength is to tell the stories of girls and women across all sports in a beautiful and captivating way. As the Chief Content Officer, I oversee the creation and management of all written content, online product development, and much of our marketing strategy online.
Podcast Creator + Host || Location independent, 2015 - current:
The Live Your Dance Podcast celebrates those individuals who have found their metaphorical "dance," and endeavors to draw out the insights and lessons from their journey, in order to inspire you to find and live YOUR dance.
NLC Class Leader || Buena Vista, CO + around the world, 2014 - current:
DiscoveryBound's National Leadership Council (NLC) is a four-year servant leadership program for teens. It is dedicated to fostering spiritual growth, leadership qualities, and a service approach to life.
Leaders shepherd the students in leadership curriculum, as well as co-lead them in a 2-week trip each summer for the four years. Trips include exploring the Colorado mountains, hiking a 14K-ft mountain, mountain biking, white water rafting, camping, sailing, and providing community service opportunities both in and out of the United States.
Accountability Coach || Location independent, 2013 - 2015:
Direct and succinct coaching calls to assist in deciding and taking action towards business and personal goals; establish and maintain vision for both personal and business, and provide strategies for success; accountability tracking; plan for growth; goal setting and implementation; identification of limiting beliefs, and strategies for progress past them; track progress and share task lists with client; help brainstorm further marketing strategies, and advise on implementation
Freelance Social Media, Graphic Design + Branding Consultant ||
Location independent, 2013 - current:
Management of online presence for companies around the world. Includes a brand assessment, and a diagnostic of strengths and areas for improvement for each client, as well as content management for ongoing social media engagement. Freelance graphic design available on request as well.
Author || Location independent, 2014 - current:
Author of the Amazon Bestseller, Don’t Settle: Start Living a Life You Love
along with my forthcoming book, Live Your Dance, due out in 2016.
Creator and PR Manager of the Live Your Dance Kickstarter Campaign ||
Location independent, 2014:
Successfully created and managed my campaign, to raise over $27,000 in 27 days in order to fund dance training for the US Open Swing Dance Championships (2014) and the writing and production of two upcoming book(s)
Head Cook at Camp Bow-Isle || Bowen Island, BC, Canada, Summers 2013 - 2015:
Plan, execute and problem solve daily in order to provide delicious meals for kids aged 5-75 at Camp Bow-Isle. Position requires reliability, creativity, spontaneity, inventory management, organization, focus, and the ability to cook and clean up some really gross stuff sometimes. #ew
Marketing Coordinator at MOZO Shoes || Denver, CO + Santa Barbara, CA 2009 - 2011:
Marketing Coordinator for MOZO Shoes, a subsidiary of Deckers Outdoor Corporation [Parent company for UGG Australia, Teva, Hoka, Sanuk, Ahnu, and Tsubo] | Head of development for retail shop in shop development in the mid-west region | Head of graphic design department and art direction for all web, print, and event materials | Sales, PR and Marketing support coordinator | Head of all social media communications for the brand, including creating syndicated web content for advertising | Brand development and protection | Talent management of professional/celebrity chefs for the brand, including Aarón Sánchez, Marcus Samuelsson, and Chris Cosentino | Event planning and producing for Media Events in New York, South Beach, and Las Vegas | Producer and art directer of the Zappos Cookoff, with celebrity chefs and CEOs of Zappos and Deckers, Tony Hsieh and Angel Martinez, respectively | Click to see MOZO Webisodes which Molly produced
Freelance Graphic Designer || Location independent, 2009 - current:
Craft and deliver corporate and personal logos, catalog layouts, event invitations, tee-shirts, event programs, posters, etc.; sale of photography; commissions paintings and murals.
Outdoor Education Professional at 100 Elk || Buena Vista, CO 2009:
In charge of safety and education of kids from 3rd grade to high school in an outdoor environment for a variety of program areas: rope course (high and low), orienteering, canoeing, initiatives, and other outdoor recreational activities.
CIT (Counselor in Training) Head/Senior Staff at Camp Newfound ||
Harrison, ME, Summer 2006:
Planned and executed 7-week Counselor in Training Outdoor program for 19 girls of 16-17 years of age, including hiking, a 5-day out-trip, community service trips and leadership training.
Windsurfing Instructor, Camp Counselor, and Kitchen Help at Camp Newfound ||
Harrison, ME, Summers 2003-2006:
Windsurfing instructor for campers of all ages; summer camp counselor for the 11 to 12-year-olds, the 5 to 6-year-olds, and the 16 to 17 year olds (each age group was a different summer program), and also served a summer as a member of the camp kitchen staff. Created connections with the campers and provided them with a safe and fun atmosphere in which to challenge limits and overcome boundaries daily.
- West Coast Swing Dancer and Competitor: Competed at the US Open Swing Dance Championships in November 2014, ongoing competitor in the US and abroad. Click to see my gallery of dance videos || Current
- Published Author: Christian Science Journal in April 2009, on Kindle in October 2014, + on The New Hollywood Blog in 2015 (for all publications and interviews I've done, visit my Press Page)
- Speaker: PAC 2015, Interviewed on The Art of Adventure Podcast, Darken the Page Podcast, Thank God it's Monday webinar (Amsterdam) || Location independent, 2015 (for all publications and interviews I've done, visit my Press Page)
- Workshop Leader: Designed and led a 3-evening workshop crafted to help the participants break through limits, specifically in singing performances || University of New Mexico, 2015
- Patent creator: Designed and executed a baby toy concept, earned a utility patent, and am currently pursuing licensing opportunities to bring the idea to market || designed 2008, patented in 2010
- Actress, singer, and dancer in school and local plays and presentations || St. Louis, MO, Lebanon, MO, Worldwide, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, Current
- Chosen Student Speaker to represent the Principia College on Coast to Coast Tour with College President—Florida & Seattle || January 2009
- Selected student speaker for Winter Convocation || 2009
- Personal photography published multiple times in MyBibleLesson (mybiblelesson.org)
Errin Cecil-Smith: Director of PR at Shoes For Crews || 215.439.7776
Mary Ann Sprague: Head Volleyball Coach + Assistant Athletic Director at Principia College || 618.374.5038
Traver Boehm: Former Owner of Crossfit Pacific Coast, Santa Barbara, CA || 805.708.2734
contact molly king
email@example.com • 805.252.5880